Common Sources Of Lower Back Pain IN Chandler AZ
Low back pain is a common health condition characterized by moderate to severe pain in the lower spinal region. An estimate published by the International Association for the Study of Pain (IASP) dated 2017 said about 577 million people, or 7.5% of the global population, suffer from this condition. Read on to know more regarding the causes of lower back pain in Chandler AZ and the benefit of lower back pain treatment.
Causes of lower back pain in Chandler AZ
We have listed a few probable causes of low back pain below for your reference. However, if you are experiencing back pain, you should contact specialists for back pain for a quick and accurate diagnosis.
- Muscle strain or ligament sprain caused due to injury – This includes accidental falls or sports injuries. Lower back pain caused due to muscle sprain is usually temporary and can be treated easily with topical medication such as pain-relieving creams or sprays.
- Poor sitting or sleeping posture over a long duration of time – This causes the muscles in the lower back region to become stiff and immovable, which results in lower back pain.
- Degenerative disc or herniated disc disease – This is a common condition related to aging. The cartilaginous discs between individual vertebrae can dry up, leading to increased friction due to the loss of cushioning. In a few cases, the spine loses its natural flexibility, which results in lower back pain.
- Arthritis – This is a condition that causes swelling or tenderness of the joints. In severe cases, arthritis in the spinal region may lead to the space around your lumbar spinal region becoming narrower. This condition is termed spinal stenosis and can result in severe lower back pain.
- Osteoporosis – This is a condition where the bones become fragile. It can cause multiple compression fractures in the spine, which can result in extremely painful sensations in the lower back region.
- Kidney stones – This is a rare but potential cause. For example, if a kidney stone accidentally gets stuck in the ureter, it can cause persistent pain in the lower back region. In these unfortunate cases, locating the root cause is a costly and tedious process.
How to avoid lower back pain causes
Consider the following acute lower back pain management guidelines which might help in easing lower back pain:
- Avoid sudden jerking movements such as stooping or jumping suddenly – This prevents muscle or ligament sprains and injury to the lower back region. Also, be careful to avoid an accidental fall which can result in you landing on your back.
- Exercise regularly to control your body weight and keep the core muscles in good shape – This is an important step that can reduce the risk of lower back pain considerably. Excess weight in the belly or hip can shift your body’s center of gravity and worsen lower back pain. Regular exercise is good for physical fitness, and it also reduces the risk of lower back pain. Consult your doctor and a qualified fitness expert before starting an exercise routine.
- Use an ergonomic chair for sitting – These chairs improve your sitting posture, provide better cushioning, and support the lower back region. Investing in an ergonomic chair is a good idea if your job involves long hours in front of a computer or at a desk.
- Take regular breaks and stretch your back while studying or working for long hours – This ensures the muscles around the lower back region are stretched and exercised often. It eases the stiffness of the muscles and prevents lower back pain.
- Use a good quality mattress for your bed – While sleeping, your body self-repairs its muscle tissues. Sleeping on a comfortable mattress ensures that your lower back region is relaxed and your body’s natural healing process is enabled. It is advisable to change your mattress if it feels too stiff or uncomfortable.
In many cases, you should also visit a doctor for back pain treatment as soon as possible.
How to relieve lower back pain while sleeping
As we have mentioned above, your body partially heals the damage to its muscle tissues while you are asleep. You can consider following the practices listed below for lower back pain therapy at home:
- Switch to a comfortable sleeping position – The best way to sleep if you are suffering lower back pain is on your side with a partial bend in the knees. You may also keep a pillow between your knees so that one leg is supported by the pillow. This reduces the strain on your spine.
- Stretch before getting out of bed – A lower back stretch works in most cases. Pull up your knees towards your chest as far as possible, and wrap your arms around them. Then gently twist towards each side. However, stretch only as far as your body permits.
- You can look up a few other lower back pain exercises for relief from back pain – You can also get in touch with lower back pain specialists in Chandler AZ straightaway. They will help develop a pre-bedtime stretching plan to best fit your body and your back pain needs. However, some initial remedies can also be helpful.
Acute lower back pain treatment
In case of chronic or acute lower back pain, you must carefully decide which doctor to consult for lower back pain. It is always advisable to consult a reputed orthopedic doctor or surgeon for lower back pain. Your doctor may advise physiotherapy or chiropractic treatment to deal with lower back pain. Get in touch with a professional as soon as you can. If you are a resident of Chandler AZ you can contact our lower back pain specialist in Chandler AZ for intervention.
Lower back pain is a common health complaint. You can treat it with medication, exercise, and therapy as per your doctor’s advice. However, ensure to follow the doctor’s advice diligently.
9:00am - 1:00pm
3:00pm - 7:00pm
11:00am - 7:00pm
9:00am - 1:00pm
3:00pm - 7:00pm
11:00am - 7:00pm
9:00am - 2:00pm
Saturday & Sunday